Pregnancy Massage Services
The WellTree offers Prenatal Massage, Laboring Mother Massage, and Postnatal Massage
Benefits of Prenatal Massage - Studies indicate that massage therapy performed during pregnancy can reduce anxiety, decrease symptoms of depression, relieve muscle aches and joint pains, and improve labor outcomes and newborn health. Massage therapy addresses various needs throughout your pregnancy. Goals can include the reduction of muscle tension, improve lymphatic function, or address the discomforts associated with the skeletal and circulatory changes brought on by hormone shifts during pregnancy.ion
When massage therapy is introduced to a women’s prenatal care:
- Hormone Levels assoicated with relaxation and stress are significanlt altered, leading to mood regulation.
- Fewer complications in birth.
- Reduction of Edema, or swelling of the joints during pregnancy is reduced.m
- Improvement of Sciatic Nerve Pain.
- Better Sleep
- Reduced back and joint paingnancy and Massage: Is prenatal massage safe throughout the entire pregnancy?
Women can begin massage therapy at any point in their pregnancy – during the first, second, or third trimester.
Massage for the Laboring Woman - Most women feel great anxiety about childbirth and worry how they will cope with the challenges of labor. Massage therapy is one of the most wonderful tools to use during labor with numerous physical and emotional benefits.
Research has shown that massage techniques and strategies can relieve stress during labor, relax muscles and promote an overall calm for the mother.
Benefits of Massage During Labor:e
- Reduces the laboring mother’s perception of pain, thus acting as a natural pain-reliever
- Alleviates tension and anxiety
- Aid in the production of endorphins or "feel-good hormones"
- Stimulates contractions
- Improves the flexibility of muscles
- Facilitates blood flow, circulation and fluid drainage
- Promotes less muscle tension
- Decreases stress levels and fatigue – helping to revitalize the mind and body
- Laboring mother feels a greater sense of emotional support
Benefits of Postpartum Massage - Postpartum massage can be as important and beneficial as massage during pregnancy. Unique postpartum benefits include hormone regulation, reduced swelling, better sleep and improved breastfeeding. Massage therapy can also help restore your body to its pre-pregnancy condition, speed healing and assists with C-section recovery.
When Massage Therapy is Added to a Woman's Postnatal Care:
- Promotes Relaxation and Lowers Stress Hormones
- Pain Reduction
- Decreased Swelling
- Improved Breastfeeding
- Better Sleep (Which studies show will help lose that baby weight)
- Reduction of Symptoms Associated with Postpartum Depression
Women can start receiving postpartum massages as soon as they feel comfortable.
Note: Many mothers want to leave their baby in good hands and take a break. However, some moms prefer to bring their newborn with them. Newborns are welcome at The WellTree.